CLIMATE CHANGE ADAPTATION
Adaptation is a response to global warming and climate. It seeks to reduce the vulnerability of social and biological systems to changes and mitigate global warming effects. Adaptation requires situational assessments of sensitivity and vulnerability to environmental impacts.
We develop programs and projects to strengthen resilience to climate impacts, mitigate vulnerabilities and protect natural assets. We provide technical assistance on climate change policies and implementation plans in natural resources management, biodiversity and ecosystems preservation.
• Climate change adapatation models
• Climate change risks assessements and impacts
• Resilience plans at local and national levels
• Capacity development
• Information systems and monitoring
WATER MANAGEMENT AND SANITATION
Water management is about planning, developing, distributing and managing water ressources optimazing its use with minimal environmental impacts.
Successful management requires accurate knowledge of the available ressources and of its competing demand for alll uses.
Sanitation is the prevention of human contact with the hazards of wastes as well as the treatment and proper disposal of sewage or wastewater. The main objective of sanitation systems is to protect the environment and promote human health by breaking the cycle of disease.
• Water governance and policy development
• Design and implementation of sustainable water and sanitation solutions
• Water finance and management
• Engineering services for the water and sanitation
• Integrated water resources management
• Capacity building for water system operators and regulatory bodies
RENEWABLE ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENT
Renewable energy resources and significant opportunities to improve energy efficiency exist wordwilde in contrast to other energy sources.
We provide technical support in all fields related to energy. Our services include development of efficient environmental solutions, project supervision and capacity building to institutions.
• Capacity building to energy authorities
• Strategies, policies and action plans
• Feasibility studies
Rural development is about improving quality of life and economic well being of people living in rural areas. Rural development policies have changed from land-intensive natural ressources exploitation to a wide range of economic drivers.
Our approach is based on a wider perspective focused on development goals rather than incentivating traditional agriculture or natural resource based businesses.
Our services are oriented to support efforts to meet a wide range of economic, environmental and social challenges in rural áreas were education, entrepreneurship, ecomomic and social infrastructure play important roles.
• Rural development policy and projects
• Socio economic statistics
• Information systems
• Institutional assessment and capacity building
• public-private partnerships
• Economic and social infrastructure
• Food security
• Community based organisations
• Transfer of know-how in technical specialities.
LOCAL DEVELOPMENT AND DECENTRALISATION
Decentralisation is a key element of poverty reduction and governance and envolves transfers of responsabilities and ressources to local authorities. Local development demands planning, participation, ownership and engagement.
• Legal and policy environment
• Local institutions capacity development
• Public financial management
• Policy-making processes
• Service delivery
• Participative planning
• Community based projects
Infrastructure refers to structures, systems, and facilities serving social and economic interests. They are not an end themselves but means to obtain economic or social impact on the areas in which they are developed.
Our services cover different types of infrastructures involving hard infrastructures, soft infrastructures and green infrastructures. It envolves a wide range of areas like transports, energy and ICT as well as water management infrastructures such as dykes, dams, large irrigation systems, or water purification systems fulfil various basic needs of citizens, such as the provision of drinking water, the creation of opportunities for agriculture in arid regions and upholding security against natural disasters.